CS Executive Exam Marking Scheme and Negative Marking in CS Executive Exam.
CS Executive Exam Marking Scheme
CS Executive is the second stage of the Company Secretary (CS) Course. This stage comprises of 2 Groups with Total 7 subjects (4 subjects in Group-I and 3 Subjects in Group-II).
To clear CS Executive stage, students need to secure qualifying marks in each group. Qualifying marks means Minimum Marks to Pass the exam.
Qualifying Marks in CS Executive:
- For One Module: To pass One Module of CS Executive, Students need to secure 40% marks in each individual paper of that Module and 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers of that particular module.
- For Both Module: To pass Both Modules of CS Executive, Students need to secure 40% marks in each individual paper and 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers put together.
Note: A student who secured 60% or more marks in any paper(s) and a minimum of 25% marks in each of the remaining paper(s) of the module, but has failed in that module, shall be exempted from that or those paper(s) in which he/she secured 60% or more marks, in any subsequent examination.
Negative Marking in CS Executive Exam
Negative marking in CS Executive OMR Based Exam from Dec 2015 onward. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has released a notification regarding Negative Marking in CS Executive OMR Based papers.
Out of the Total 7 subjects of CS Executive, 3 Subjects, i.e., (i) Cost and Management Accounting; (ii) Tax Laws and Practice; and (iii) Industrial, Labour and General Laws will be on OMR Based Paper Pattern w.e.f December 2015 onward and remaining 4 papers will be on subjective pattern. The Institute has decided to introduce Negative Marking for these 3 subjects of the Executive Programme as per following terms:
- Negative marking will be made in the ratio of 1: 4, i.e., deduction of one (1) mark for every four (4) wrong answers or proportion thereof, i.e., 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer;
- Negative marks would be limited to the extent of marks secured for correct answers so that no candidate shall secure less than zero mark in the above subjects;
- Total marks obtained in fraction would be rounded up to next whole number. For E.g. if a student secure 75.25 marks in any of the above subjects then, it will be rounded of to 76 marks.
The OMR Based examination for the above 3 subjects shall be held consecutively on 21st, 22nd and 23rd December, 2015. Date Sheet / Time Table for CS Executive Dec 2015 exam has been released by ICSI which can be checked HERE.