Olympiads for XI and XII Students, International Company Secretaries Olympiad (ICSO), Olympiad for Commerce Students, About ICSO, Olympiad open for all Stream students, Details about CS Olympiad, Competitive Exam for XI and XII Students, Registration in ICSO, Scholarships and Awards in ICSO, Eligibility Criteria in ICSO, Paper Pattern & Syllabus of ICSO, ICSO Benefits, ICSO Result Declaration, ICSO Sample Papers, etc has been mentioned in this article.
INTERNATIONAL COMPANY SECRETARIES OLYMPIAD (ICSO)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), a Statutory Body of Company Secretaries established an Act of Parliament, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) for conducting the CS Olympiad for students of Classes 11 and 12 in each Academic year in schools across India. The first CS Olympiad will be conducted this year (2016) on two dates i.e. 15th September & 4th October, 2016.
BRIEF ABOUT ICSO EXAM
- Name of Exam : International Company Secretaries Olympiad (ICSO) 2016
- Conducting Authority : Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) in partnership with The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Exam Mode : Offline Exam
- Medium of Exam : English Only
- Pattern of Exam : 50 Multiple Choice Questions in 1 hour
- Stages of Exam : Exam will be conducted in Single Stage at Respective schools
- Students of Classes 11 and 12 from Science, Commerce & Humanities Stream are Eligible to participate in the International Company Secretaries Olympiad (ICSO).
- There is no other Eligibility Criterion like Minimum Marks.
- Students interested in participating in ICSO Exam can participate only through their Respective Schools. Individual Registrations by students will not be accepted.
- The School should be registered with SOF. Prospectus containing the Registration forms are sent to all schools registered with SOF.
- Schools not registered with SOF may also request for Prospectus by sending an e-mail at email@example.com /phone call.
- A minimum of 10 students need to be registered from each school for feasibility reasons.
- SOF will generate the students’ Roll Numbers as per the guidelines given. The Roll number slips will be sent to the respective schools in soft / hard copy.
- Each school may select a date for conducting the ICSO as per its convenience.
PAPER PATTERN & SYLLABUS
The candidates appearing for the ICSO 2016 must understand the Exam Paper Pattern and Syllabus. Here, we are discussing the same for your understanding :
- Maximum Marks : 60 Marks
- Duration of Exam : 1:00 Hour (60 Minutes)
- Number of Questions : 50 Multiple Choice Questions
- Negative Marking : No Negative Marking
- Medium / Language of Paper : English
- M0de of Exam : Offline
- The Exam will consist of a paper with 5 sections to be done in One Hour duration in a single sitting discussed as under:
|CLASS||TOPICS / SECTIONS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS PER QUESTION||TOTAL MARKS|
|Quantitative Analysis / Reasoning||15||1||15|
SYLLABUS FOR CLASS XI
Section–1 (Quantitative Analysis/ Reasoning) : Sets and relations, Functions, Complex numbers and Quadratic Equations, A.P. & G.P., Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Linear inequality, Verbal and Non- Verbal Reasoning.
Section-2 (General Economics) : Indian Economics, Statistics
Section–3 (Business Studies) : Nature and Purpose of Business; Forms of Business Organisations; Public, Private and Global Enterprises; Business Services.
Section–4 (Accountancy) : Introduction to Accounting, Basic Accounting terms, Theory Base of Accounting, Recording of Transaction, Ledger and Trial Balance, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Depreciation, Bills of Exchange.
Section–5 (Achievers Section) : Higher Order Thinking Questions – Syllabus as per Section-2, Section-3 and Section-4.
SYLLABUS FOR CLASS XII
Section–1 (Quantitative Analysis/ Reasoning) : Sets and Relations, Functions, Complex numbers & Quadratic Equations, A.P & G.P, Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Linear Inequality, Matrices & Determinants, Limits & Derivatives, Applications of Derivatives, Verbal and Non- Verbal Reasoning.
Section–2 (General Economics) : Indian Economics, Statistics, Micro, Macro.
Section–3 (Business Studies) : Nature and Significance of Management, Principles of Management, Business environment, Planning, Function of Management, Financial Management.
Section–4 (Accountancy) : Introduction to Accounting, Theory Base of Accounting, Recording of Transaction, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Depreciation, Provision and Reserves, Bills of Exchange, Rectification of Errors, Financial statement for sole proprietorship/Not-For-Profit organisation, Accounting for Partnership Firms, Accounting for Companies, Analysis of Financial Statements and Ratio Analysis, Cash Flow Statements.
Section–5 (Achievers Section) : Higher Order Thinking Questions – Syllabus as per Section–2, Section–3 and Section–4.
ICSO APPLICATION FORM FEES
A nominal participation fee is charged from each student. Details about the Fee / Mode of Payment, etc. are given in the School Registration Forms sent to schools.
ICSO BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS
- EVALUATION AT VARIOUS LEVEL : Participants of Olympiads are Ranked on the basis of Marks Obtained. Hence, after taking the exam, students can judge themselves Academically at 4 different levels – At School Level, At City Level, At State Level and above all At International Level.
- DETAILED PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS : Each student is provided a Student Performance Report (SPR). The SPR analyses the Strong and Weak areas of the student and also gives a Detailed Performance Comparison of the student vis-à-vis other students at school, state and international level.
- MONETARY REWARDS : Students are suitably awarded based on their international, State and School ranking. Prizes are announced annually and include cash awards, medals, gifts, certificates etc.For the year 2016-17, a sum of Rs. Fourteen Crores will be incurred towards awards, felicitations, scholarships etc.
AWARDS / SCHOLARSHIPS / RECOGNITIONS – ICSO
For the Academic Year 2016-17, SOF will spend over Rs. 14 Crores on Awards, Scholarships, Gifts & Felicitations etc. The following awards will be provided to the winners of International Company Secretaries Olympiad being held during the academic year 2016-17.
|AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL|
|RANK||SCHOLARSHIPS||NO. OF AWARDS|
|1st||Rs. 1,00,000 Each + Int. Gold Medal + Merit Certificate||2|
|2nd||Rs. 75,000 Each + Int. Silver Medal + Merit Certificate||2|
|3rd||Rs. 50,000 Each + Int. Bronze Medal + Merit Certificate||2|
|4th||Rs. 25,000 Each + Merit Certificate||2|
|5th||Rs. 10,000 Each + Merit Certificate||2|
|AT STATE / ZONAL LEVEL|
|RANK||SCHOLARSHIPS||NO. OF AWARDS|
|1st||Rs. 10,000 Each + Zonal Gold Medal + Merit Certificate||40|
|2nd||Rs. 5,000 Each + Zonal Silver Medal + Merit Certificate||40|
|3 to 10||Gifts worth Rs. 1000 + Medal of Excellence + Merit Certificate||320|
|11 to 25||Medal of Excellence + Merit Certificate||600|
ICSO SAMPLE PAPERS
Sample Papers are usually sent by SOF to all the Schools registered for Olympiads Exam. Still, If you are planning to write CS Olympiad and you don’t have Sample Papers, Download it from the below given links:
ICSO RESULT DECLARATION
Results of ICSO will be declared within 8 weeks of the last date of Examination. The results will be sent to the Concerned Schools. The results will also be made available on ICSO Website.
For any queries related to CS Olympiad:
ABOUT RESONANCE CLPD
Resonance Commerce & Law Program Division (CLPD) is a leading coaching Institute which offers Classroom Coaching Programs for preparation of CA (Chartered Accountancy), CS (Companies Secretary) & Various Law Entrance Exams (CLAT, AILET, L-SAT, etc). Since 2012, Resonance CLPD has produced All India Ranks in many Professional Exams which includes All India Ranks in CS-Foundation – Consecutively from Last 5 attempts, All India Rank in CA-IPCC, CS-Professional and CLAT.
Get the benefit of highly experienced faculty team of Resonance CLPD in every subject to achieve success in the targeted exam.
For Admission Related Queries, Call : 0744-3192229, 9529980666
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any doubt, you can ask your query in the comment box given below.