Registration in CLAT, How to apply for CLAT, How to Register in CLAT, Registration Process for CLAT, CLAT Online Application Procedure, How to fill CLAT Online form, Exam Centres for CLAT 2016, CLAT Application Form Fees, etc will be explained in this article.
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is an All India Entrance Examination conducted by 17 National Law Universities (NLUs) on rotational basis which provide a list of candidates on the basis of ‘merit-cum-preference’ to each University for admission to their Undergraduate (LL.B) and Postgraduate (LL.M) degree programs.
CLAT-2016 will be conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab for 2252 seats in U.G Program and 632 seats in PG Program. Here, in this article, we have mentioned about the Detailed Procedure to Register / Apply for CLAT 2016.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CLAT 2016? | CLAT REGISTRATION PROCESS
For the CLAT 2016 examination, the candidates need to apply online through the Official Website between the above mentioned dates. The following steps will be involved during applying online for CLAT 2016:
- STEP 1 : Click on the official link provided below for CLAT 2016 Online Application.
- Click on ‘Register Yourself’ tab placed at the bottom of the page.
- STEP 2 : Proceed to the Registration Form, fill in the required details, enter the Captcha code and click on Submit button.
- On successfully submitting the registration form, you’ll receive a message of successful registration and a mail will be sent to your registered e-mail id containing Login User Id and Password.
- STEP 3 : Click on ‘Already Registered’ tab on the above website and enter your login id and password to proceed to the application page of CLAT 2016.
- As you proceed to Online Application page, first you will need to check and make corrections (if any) in your Personal Details which you had filled earlier and then, click on ‘Save & Continue’.
- STEP 4 : Go to ‘Qualification Details‘ tab (see above image), Enter your qualification details and then, click on ‘Save & Continue’.
- STEP 5 : Go to ‘Preferences for NLU‘ tab (see above image), Fill your choice of NLUs as per your Preference order. For our suggestions on Preference Order of NLUs, go to bottom of this Article.
- STEP 6 : Go to ‘Document Upload‘ tab, Here upload your Photo, Signature and Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate and fill your choice of Exam Test City (see below for the List) as per your preference order.
- STEP 7 : After submitting all the details, go to ‘Fee Details‘ tab, You’ll be provided with 2 modes of fee payment – Online and Offline. You can choose either of the modes.
- Preview the duly filled-in CLAT Application Form by clicking on ‘Preview Application’ button and then check ‘I Agree’ box and finally click on ‘Submit’ button for the final submission of CLAT Application Form.
Note: Once the form is submitted, it shall be deemed to be final and no changes could be made in the same.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FORM FEES
There are 2 Modes of form fee payment for CLAT 2016.
- ONLINE Mode : Through Online Mode, Fees can be paid using any of the following options – Net Banking / Credit Cards / Debit Cards.
- OFFLINE Mode : Through Offline Mode, Fees can can be paid using ICICI Bank challan. One can be download Challan from website and deposit the required amount of fees in any of the branches of ICICI Bank. Candidates are advised to keep application fee challan copy for further future correspondences.
|Unreserved/SAP/OBC/Any Other Category
LIST OF CLAT 2016 TEST CENTRES
There are around 60 Cities where CLAT 2016 Test will be conducted. Out of these, A candidate needs to choose any 3 Test Cities in order of their Choice / Preference.
Note: Test City allotment will be subject to the availability of seats.
RESONANCE’s PREFERENCE ORDER OF NLUs
Preference Order of NLUs to be filled in Online Application form
||National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
||National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
||National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
||The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
||The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
||Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
||Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
||Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
||Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
||The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
||National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
||National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
||National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
||Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
||Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
||Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
For any queries related to CLAT Exam:
♦ TO CHECK – CLAT Eligibility Criteria (Click on the link)
♦ TO CHECK – CLAT Important Dates (Click on the link)
♦ TO CHECK – CLAT SYLLABUS & PAPER PATTERN (Click on the link)
♦ TO CHECK – PARTICIPATING NLUs & ITS SEAT BREAK-UP (Click on the link)
If you like this Article then, LIKE/FOLLOW our FACEBOOK and GOOGLE+ page so that you can get regular updates in future.
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any doubt regarding procedure for Applying in CLAT 2016, you can ask your query in the comment box given below.