Merit-cum-Means Assistance Scheme, Financial Assistance to CS Aspirants, Scholarships for CS Course, Scholarship Criteria for CS Executive Aspirants, Scholarship Criteria for CS Professional Aspirants, Eligibility criteria for Scholarship in CS Course, Income Limit for scholarship in CS Course, Scholarship Form for CS Aspirants, Details for Scholarship in CS Course, etc has been mentioned in this article.
ICSI Merit Cum Means Assistance Scheme For CS Executive / Professional Aspirants
To recognize and promote Meritorious performance in the CS Examinations, ICSI provide scholarships to Meritorious candidates to pursue studies for the CS-Executive and CS-Professional Programme examinations of the company secretary ship course.
BASIC DETAILS ABOUT SCHOLARSHIP
1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Education : The Candidate should have passed all the papers of Foundation Programme / Foundation examination at one sitting, in the first attempt, without claiming exemption in any paper, and secured a minimum of 50 per cent marks in the aggregate;
- Application : The candidate should have applied for Registration as a student of the Institute alongwith Properly filled-up Scholarship Form within 3 months from the date of declaration of his/her result of Foundation or Executive Exam.
- Income Limit : Candidate should have an income (if employed or is having an independent source of income) of not more than Rs. 2,40,000/- in a year if living on his/her independent income OR if he/she is dependent on his/her parents/guardian/spouse whether partially or wholly, a combined income from all sources of not more than Rs. 3,60,000/- in a year.
2. VALUE & PERIOD OF ASSISTANCE
- The financial assistance per student will be Rs. 500 per month for a period of 10 months.
- The candidates selected for the award of assistance shall be Exempted from payment of Education Fee and Examination Fee during the period of assistance.
3. LAST DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
- Applications (alongwith required documents mentioned below) to be considered for Scholarships should reach ICSI Office on or before 25th May, 2016 (Wednesday), failing which applications are liable to be rejected.
4. NUMBER OF AWARDS / SCHOLARSHIPS
- For Executive Programme : The number of awards for Executive Programme course shall not exceed 25 in each session or 50 in a year.
- For Professional Programme : The number of awards for Professional Programme course shall not exceed 25 in each session or 50 in a year.
5. SELECTION FOR AWARD FOR ASSISTANCE
The selection for award of assistance will be made purely on Merit-cum-Means Basis (on basis of Merit with Financial Position of the candidate) subject to following reservations :
- For Scheduled Castes/Tribes : Two Awards per session each for the Executive and Professional Programme examinations.
- For Physically Handicapped Persons : Two Awards per session each for the Executive and Professional Programme examinations.
Note: If the Reserved awards mentioned above are not availed of by SC/ST and/or Physically Handicapped candidates then, these may be given to other Eligible Candidates.
6. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Attested copies of following Certificate(s) / Document(s) are required to be attached with the application :
- Mark-sheet in proof of having passed all the papers of Foundation*/ Executive* Programme examination in first attempt;
- Income Certificate issued by the Employer in proof of total monthly and yearly income of Candidate;
- Income Certificate issued by the Employer in proof of your spouse’s / father’s / mother’s / guardian’s total monthly and yearly income;
- Income-tax Return Documents for the immediate preceding year, if and where applicable;
- Caste Certificate issued by the appropriate authority (wherever applicable);
- Medical Certificate issued by the Surgeon / Medical Officer of a Government Hospital if the applicant belongs to a Physically Handicapped category.
How To Obtain Scholarship Application Form
There are 2 methods to obtain Scholarship Application Form for Merit-cum-Means Assistance :
- Through WEBSITE : Prescribed application form together with a copy of the Merit-cum-Means Assistance (Company Secretaryship Course) Scheme, 1983 can be downloaded from the ICSI Website under Examination Section Or Click Here to Download
- Through POST : Application form can also be obtained by Post from the Institute free of cost by sending a self-addressed envelope of 23 cms x 11 cms size duly affixed with postage stamp worth Rs. 10/-.
Note : Incomplete Applications or Applications not made on the prescribed form with all supporting documents or applications not reaching the Institute on or before 25th May, 2016 are liable to be rejected.
Click : Application Form for Scholarship
Click : ICSI Guidelines for Scholarship
Thank you for reading this article. If you have any doubt regarding MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP FOR CS ASPIRANTS, you can ask your query in the comment box given below.