Preparing for professional exam like CA, CS, CLAT, etc is not at all an easy task but if you prepare for it systematically and in a professional manner then its not so tough task to pass it in first attempt.
As far as Chartered Accountancy (CA) is concerned, it is considered to be one of the toughest exam because of its low turn out ratio (Passed/Appeared students). If we talk about the first stage of CA i.e., CA-CPT then, passing percentage in the same will move around 12-14%. So, to get yourself in those 12-14% successful students, you need to do target based study in very systematic manner.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR CA-CPT IN 20 DAYS:
- Give More Emphasis on ICAI Module: The first step is to thoroughly understand the detailed official syllabus of ICAI, so you don’t end up wasting time on topics/areas that are not that relevant. Focus on studying from the study material provided by ICAI, practice model papers and questions provided in ICAI module and use other books as reference.
- Make Proper Schedule: Create a study schedule giving more time to topics you feel you are weak in. Try to study minimum 2 subjects a day so that you can be in touch of each subject on daily basis.
- How to Study ACCOUNTS: For Accounts, refer to your class 11th and class 12th textbooks. Accounting is a scoring subject. To maximize your chances of scoring, first Go-through the theory of a chapter and then attempt its questions. Don’t skip the theory, as there is almost a equal ratio of theory and practical questions in the exam.
- How to Study MATHS: Study basic Maths, Stick to the topics of the CPT syllabus and do not study the entire school textbook.
- How to Study LAW: Mercantile Laws are scoring as there are only 3 laws in the syllabus. Make sure to study all three. Practice writing the Mercantile laws point-wise to test your understanding.
- Study Conceptually: Although the question paper will ask only multiple choice questions, do conceptual study also and practice some subjective questions as well to refresh your understanding.
- Don’t attempt each question in the Exam: As negative marking is applicable, skip questions you are not sure about.
- Give equal efforts on each section of syllabus: Do not ignore any section of the CPT syllabus as minimum passing marks of 30% are required for each individual section.
- Practice More Sample Papers: At least 3 days before the exam, try to attempt sample papers (or previous year papers) in the exact time frame you will have at the CPT exam that is 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM for Section A and Section B and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM for Section C and Section D. This will help you get in the habit of thinking about those topics in that time frame.
As Minimum Marks required to pass CPT exam is 50% aggregate, students can become easily overconfident. However, it’s essential to stay focused on studying with some guidelines/rules/time table to follow so that you can easily clear the CA-CPT examination in first attempt.